Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Security Search Engine

From: "Saqib Ali" <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:58:38 -0700

Hi Erick,

Thanks for the feedback. The idea for this search index is to be
somewhat neutral. For e.g. all the vendors  say on their website that
their IDS is the best IDS in the universe. Now if I exclude all the
vendors from the index, then when somebody search for IDS, they would
get results of non-vendor specific sites, which will rather
(hopefully) discuss the pros/cons of a certain IDS product. I hope I
am making sense.

I idea here is NOT to build a new search engine, but to provide a list
of unbiased  site to someone who is researching about a certain
technology.

As far Cisco is concerned I am planning not to include that site,
instead include site that talk the security of the network gear in
general.

Also remember this is just an experiment in creating a medium purely
for unbiased research.