Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Wake-On-LAN security

From: "Hylton Conacher(ZR1HPC)" <hylton () conacher co za>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 11:26:49 +0200

blank () blank com wrote:
You should also be able to disable WOL via the NIC driver and/or its interface (if it has a GUI tool).  I'd recommend
you look up the documentation on that model and determine what command or tool you can use to change the setting.
I had a look under Yast->Network Devices but didn't see anything regarding turning off WOL. I'll Google for te model and see.

Tnx