Security Basics mailing list archives

Social Engineering

From: "coder" <elite.coder () ntlworld com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 18:06:48 -0000

Hello everyone,

I am currently planning on writting a thesis on social engineering, I have
been fascinated with this subject since I watched Hackers 2/Takedown and
read Kevin Mitnick's book.

Now before I fully take on this idea, what products currently exist to
minimize/prevent social engineering? If anyone saw Hackers 2/Takedown,
Tsutomu Shimomura used a program that could tell him if the person on the
phone actually exists in a company, does this sort of software exist?

Sorry, if this is in the wrong mailing list, but I didn't see a "Social
Engineering" mail list ;)

Thanks

~Davie Elliott

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus