Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: RE: Program to monitor employee internet usage

From: pg_vlad () hotmail com
Date: 30 Dec 2005 15:53:11 -0000

Yeah you are pretty lacking in details of your infrastructure.

Are your clients connecting to the net via proxy? Or direct connections?
If via proxy, you should have some nice logfiles.

Where I work we use squid on Debian and it produces nice neat logfiles, my super even made a pretty little widget to
display the stats graphically, and we can also narrow the parameters to the surfing habits of one individual box.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus