Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: About War Driving ..

From: "Adam Rosen" <ajrosen () buffdata com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 15:23:15 -0500

Switch to WPA or WPA2. If that doesn't work, you can use an MAC address
filter (although if he's cracking WEP keys, he'll probably be able to
duplicate MAC addresses, but it's something else to try). Other than
that, without expensive equipment it's hard to jam or locate someone
using it. Can you lower the power on the AP so it only works in your
office area?

Adam