Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Identifying passion for security?

From: krymson () gmail com
Date: 13 Dec 2006 21:48:52 -0000

Considering this mailing list, I'd assume a prison history might be a big indicator of insecurity passion, but not
security passion, per se. I wouldn't consider prison time for hacking to be an indicator of passion in security. It
just means they made an error in judgement, did something unethical (and illegal), and got caught, at best.

<-snip->

A good idea whould be to have them do a few tests on sites like www.hellboundhackers.org for example. It's fairly basic
stuff (in the beginning) but it would prove whether they know what they are talking about or not. Then again, this will
only be useful when looking in the lines of penetration testers. Also another good idea is to look for hackers in
prison pending release. You'll have to look hard for a trustworthy person but at the end of the day you'll know that
you got the best of the best with the highest degree of passion availible. Alot of those people turn good after being
to prison but keeping a close eye on them wount do any harm.