Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Identifying passion for security?

From: "Dagmar d'Surreal" <evildagmar () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 09:11:20 -0600

On 13 Dec 2006 21:48:52 -0000, krymson () gmail com <krymson () gmail com> wrote:
Considering this mailing list, I'd assume a prison history might be a big indicator of insecurity passion, but not security
passion, per se. I wouldn't consider prison time for hacking to be an indicator of passion in security. It just means they
made an error in judgement, did something unethical (and illegal), and got caught, at best.

I'd say it's a great way to get someone who's not only unskilled
enough to have gotten caught in the first place, but also someone
whose skills are out of date from being in the lockup.

FTL.