Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Outlook Anywhere

From: Danny Puckett <dpuckett () comresource com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 14:12:23 -0500

If you just need to allow browser based email access then OWA is the quick and
easy way to do this. If users need full Outlook functionality (usually for
calendering) then you can setup an RPC over HTTPS proxy. Properly configured
they are both about the same from a security standpoint. You can never truly
trust the remote endpoint as they are out of your control but this is usually
a risk most business are willing to accept with proper policies in place
requiring end users use anti-virus and such.