Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Is a career change to Computer Forensics fantasy or can it be real ity?

From: "mjc001 () juno com" <mjc001 () juno com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 17:12:38 GMT

I looked on Dice just searching for Forensics. I live in the Midwest
and there were no jobs around. Mostly DOD related.
Is a CISSP cert as well a good route as well?

-- reapersoft () gmail com wrote:
Want to thank all who have commented so far, its good stuff and I'm
encouraged to continue my effort!

Wayne, below are the podcasts I listen to, only one is Forensics
specific (CyberSpeak) the others are more to the security side of
things.

CyberSpeak (Computer Forensics)
http://cyberspeak.libsyn.com

SecurityNow (General Security)
http://feeds.feedburner.com/securitynow

PaulDotcom Security Weekly(General Security)
http://pauldotcom.com

BlueBox (VoIP Security)
http://feeds.feedburner.com/BlueBox

Ismael, the advice that I got from the Forensics moderator was, "I
think you'll find that the field of forensics is not cert-oriented.
Your time might be better spent choosing a platform you
know well and learning all you can about
forensics on that platform: which tools are available, how they work,
how well they work,
etc.  Ins+outs of relevant filesystms would be quite helpful.".

Keep the comments and advice coming.

Thanks,

MH

Detect Malicious Web Content and Exploits in Real-Time.
Anti-Virus engines can't detect unknown or new threats.
LinkScanner can. Web surfing just became a whole lot safer.

http://www.explabs.com/staging/promotions/xern_lspro.asp?
loc=sfmaildetect
-----