Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Opinions on vulnerability scanning practice?

From: simonis () myself com
Date: 4 Aug 2006 17:38:39 -0000

I'd be annoyed.  It is reasonable to expect the party entering into a partnership with you to seek assurances, be those
audit reports, recent vulnerability assessments, compliance status, etc.
They may even ask that they be able to conduct an assessment on their own.  However, it is irregular for them to take
such action without consent.  Very risky and unprofessional, at least.

-Ds