Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Opinions on vulnerability scanning practice?

From: benjaminz () hotmail com
Date: 4 Aug 2006 16:18:45 -0000

I've worked in a similar environment where we hosted websites for customers. For customers that were hosted on a shared
instance, we made the customers aware that it was our normal practice to run scans to check for vulnerabilities, ever
so often.

For the customers that had their own dedicated instance, it was an optional service.

In either case, i believe in keeping the customer in the loop and coordinating scans.