Security Basics mailing list archives

Planning Overall Protection

From: "network freek" <network.freek () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 02:31:09 +0700

Hi,

I am preparing to define and to setup corporate protection from any
kind of malware threat. I am envisaging to put an IPS and antivirus
gateway (or looking for antivirus that can be installed in the mail/
mx servers and proxy servers) right behind the front firewall,
antivirus clients capable of effectively detecting any spyware, virus,
worm, spam and a management/ control server. I am also planning to
define additional policy concerning virus/ malware. What do you
suggest? Any suggestion about product offering a total/ comprehensive
solution? What do you think about disabling or prohibiting flash disk
drive (or any idea to prevent threats from removable media)?

Any idea would be greatly appreciated