Security Basics mailing list archives

Fwd: Why attacker install irc after hacking?

From: "Ben Alexander" <ben () techusers com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 16:28:23 -0400

I believe that they establish a botnet this way, and can communicate
with all their bots or comprised machines through IRC.

On 4/20/06, Monty Ree <chulmin2 () hotmail com> wrote:
Hello, all.

I have operated linux server for a long time.
and I have found that some irc(psybnc etc) related program was installed
after scan or hacking.

I can't understand
Why attackers installed and executed irc program?
Why attackers use irc after hacking?
Just chatting is not...I guess..