Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Is portscanning legal? was Re: application for an employment

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <bugtraq () planetcobalt net>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 14:25:02 +0200

On 2006-04-07 Craig Wright wrote:
You just show that you have no idea about the law.

Statuette and codified law is but the tip of the iceberg.

This may come as a shock to you, but the legal systems in Europe usually
are firmly based on codified law. So this is nothing less than the "tip
of the iceberg" here. Didn't they tell you this during your legal
training on european law?

[...]
Again. The response to a property right is a general duty on other
people not to interfere with the "res" (thing). This is a maxim in
law. Keep believing otherwise, it does nothing to change the truth.

*sigh*

This is codified by civil laws, at least here in Germany. And I never
put that into question, despite your continual claims that I did. What
you apparently are reluctant to understand is that by certain actions
the owner of the property implicitly grants certain privileges to the
public.

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--
"All vulnerabilities deserve a public fear period prior to patches
becoming available."

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus