Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Actions in law

From: Derek Schaible <dschaible () cssiinc com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 06:43:34 -0400

On 2006-04-06 Craig Wright wrote:

I do not care if you happen to engage in this activity yourself
without authorisation, but telling another that it is ok is simply
irresponsible.

Authorization is given implicitly, thus your entire claim is wrong.

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers

I tend to concur with this argument. By connecting a host to the Internet you, by will, put it into the Public Domain to some extent. With that, an implicit authorization to browse the host has been given. The means by which you browse is up to the user.

-d

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning, Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.
http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus