Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Is portscanning legal? was Re: application for an employment

From: "Craig Wright" <cwright () bdosyd com au>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 05:39:23 +1000

Angsar,

You just show that you have no idea about the law.

Statuette and codified law is but the tip of the iceberg.

You need to look at;

Secondary law

Convention

Precedent

The Maxims

This is just as a start. Next you also need to look at referential issues.

Choosing to read a summary on a wiki does not substitute for reading the actual law and does not give any understanding.

Again. The response to a property right is a general duty on other people not to interfere with the “res” (thing). This
is a maxim in law. Keep believing otherwise, it does nothing to change the truth.

Harrison v. Carswell (1975), [1976] 2 S.C.R. 200

Restatement (Second) of Torts § 217

Bradley v. American Smelting & Refining Co., 104 Wn.2d 677, 681, 709 P.2d 782 (1985

Dixon J in Penfolds Wines v Elliot (1946) 74 CLR 204 stated (at 229)

(summaries in prior posts)

Craig