Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Creating a Test Network

From: "enine" <enine () ninefamily com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 08:06:17 -0700

Sorry for the top post, stuck with IE at work which crashes if I try to edit anything in webmail.

I have gone virtual with my test network.  run Linux as the host OS for virtual machines, then have different vitruals
for different OS's.  make a snapshot of the vitrual before messing with it then I can easily roll back whatever I
decide to break/infect the virtual with.  Go here http://www.vmware.com/products/player/ and try a couple.

You can run vmware under windows but its so much slower under windows than under Linux that I highly recommend doing it
under Linux.

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <bugtraq () planetcobalt net>
Date:  Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:58:19 +0200