Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: ZoneAlarm

From: Alexander Bolante <alexander.bolante () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 08:35:13 -0800

If you stop ZoneAlarm from checking every process that's running on
your machine, you might as well not have it installed at all. It
becomes sort of a moot point.

From now on, whenever you click "Allow" make sure the checkbox
"Remember my answer" is checked. That way, if ZoneAlarm is presented
with that same process/program/app, it knows how to respond
automagically.

ZoneAlarm needs to be trained on what processes/programs/apps are
allowed in and out of your machine. Your firewall is only as good as
the person who manages it.

Hope that clarifies...

On 24 Nov 2005 21:15:01 -0000, mcfadd3565 () student faytechcc edu