Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Password creating Theories

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <bugtraq () planetcobalt net>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 22:11:42 +0100

On 2005-11-11 Jennifer Fountain wrote:
I am currently coming up with a new policy to create root/admin
passwords for windows and linux boxes and would like to know your
thoughts on the methods you use to create them.  Thanks for any input!

Random. Mixed case, digits and special characters. No less than 12
characters. As to pronounceability: I expect superusers to be able to
memorize stuff like that, pronounceable or not.

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--
"Another option [for defragmentation] is to back up your important files,
erase the hard disk, then reinstall Mac OS X and your backed up files."