Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Password creating Theories

From: Glenn English <ghe () slsware com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 13:31:32 -0700

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 16:27 -0500, Jennifer Fountain wrote:
I am currently coming up with a new policy to create root/admin
passwords for windows and linux boxes and would like to know your
thoughts on the methods you use to create them.  Thanks for any input!

I ask the person who's password is being created to tell me the second
line of a favorite song, then use the first letters of the line, using
numerals where possible and including any punctuation. It's easy for
that person to remember, harder for someone else, and not subject to
dictionary attacks.

--
Glenn English
ghe () slsware com