Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Sender Spoofing via SMTP

From: "Matt Stovall" <mstovall () charlestonforge com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 09:19:49 -0500

Try adding a spf (sender privacy framework) entry in your DNS servers.
It is a text entry that would go something like this "v=spf1 mx -all".
Google for SPF and you should find a wealth of information.

Also, definitely lock down the ability to be used as a relay.

Even still you will probably see spoofed email addresses from your
domain being sent to your domain.

Matt Stovall
Charleston Forge
251 Industrial Park Drive