Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Encrypted emails

From: "Craig Searle" <craig.searle () sift com au>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:45:03 +1100

Hi John,

If you're concerned with key exchange and employee learning difficulties,
then a PGP product called PGP Universal might be a good solution for you.

The keyserver sits 'next' to the mail server and takes care of the key
management and encryption/decryption of emails - it occurs transparent to
the user, and you only need to update one central location with new public
keys and it will look after the distribution. It can also do some pretty
cool things with SSL collection of emails for external users who don't have
access to PGP.

If you're after some more info, email me and I can give you a more detailed
rundown or point you in the direction of the right people to talk to (I'm
not a vendor ;-)

Cheers,
Craig.