Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Career Choice

From: "dave kleiman" <dave () isecureu com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 22:11:53 -0500

Richard,

One thing you can definitely do if your goal is Forensics. Find your Local
Sheriff's / Police department that has Computer Crimes Unit and volunteer
your free time.
Trust me they can use the help, most of them have a work load that is beyond
belief. Almost all PD and SO's have volunteer programs.  It will give you
the opportunity to see the skill sets you will need. You will of course be
limited to what you are allowed to be involved in, but experience is
experience, I volunteer 100-200 hours a year to my local Sheriff's and
States Attorneys office and it is as much a benefit for me as it is for
them.

Regards,
Dave Kleiman, CIFI, CISM, CISSP, ISSAP, ISSMP, MCSE
www.SecurityBreachResponse.com
www.ComputerForensicInvestigations.com