Security Basics mailing list archives

Career Choice

From: Richard Kirk <saviente () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 08:09:44 -0500

I am currently a student at DeVry University studding Network
Communications Management. My true concentration is in security
forensics.

In any case the more I looking into vulnerabilities and network flaws
the issues come from within the programming of the
application/protocol etc. and most assaults use multiple programming
languages to execute these attacks.

I have two questions, the first is should I be learning how to
program? My current studies have only one programming language course
(Intro to Java). Second, will the Bachelors degree I'm getting help me
get into the field I'm looking for or should I change my major to
something else such as MIS or CIS?

Thank You for your time
Best Regards