Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Masters program for Information Security?

From: "Mike B" <mbieltz2 () verizon net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 22:03:02 -0400

Jawbox,

I have my Master's Degree in Information Security. I went to The Stevens Institute of Technology in Hoboken, NJ (http://howe.stevens.edu/MSIS/IS.html). I'm not sure if you are from this area, but Stevens had a good program.. It was both technical and management based. One of the classes was all about the CISSP exam. We covered all of the topics required for the exam, and if you have the required Info Sec. experience (5 years I believe), then after the class you can even go and take the exam. At the end of the 30 credits (2 years) you will have your Master's Degree. Good Luck.

Mike B.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jawbox" <jawbox () gmail com>