Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: SSL VPN

From: Rodrigo Blanco <rodrigo.blanco.r () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 11:21:58 -0600

Hello,

I have worked quite a lot with Alteon VPN 3050. It is an appliance
specialized in SSL encryption, and it combines, in the same box, both
SSL offload and VPN SSL.

With regard to VPN SSL functionality, it supports three modes of operation:

- Port forwarding through the SSL tunnel (this allows dynamic
rewriting of the hosts file)
- Application emulation through Java applets
- Direct access (thanks to an ActiveX control which downloads on the
client workstation - IE - you obtain a true IP address in an internal
network pool)

Also, performance is really good on this product.

For more info:

http://products.nortel.com/go/product_content.jsp?parId=0&segId=0&catId=-9460&prod_id=38760&locale=en-US

Regards,
Rodrigo.