Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Universal Sign On? USO for everything?

From: Alexander Bolante <alexander.bolante () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:12:58 -0700

IBM Tivoli Access Manager
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/tivoli/products/access-mgr-e-bus/

IBM Tivoli Federated Identity Manager
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/tivoli/products/federated-identity-mgr/

I'm not so sure about a true universal sign on. What type of specific
information are you looking for?

Cheers.

On 7/7/05, Gautam R. Singh <gautam.singh () gmail com> wrote:
Hola List!

 Was wondering if there any program/software/project (present or
underdevelopment) which will integrated everything from say logging in
to ur local system, win2kdomain, samba shares, nis, exchange mail,
Instant messaging clients, VPN, applications, websites etc I know this
sounds far fetched? Is it possible as of now to do so though? Or may
be somthing like we may be using our id/pass (SSO) to even access
internet or renew my ip lease @ dhcp, like if my pass is valid dhcp
renews my ip lease else my ip dies and  I am unable to access anything
on the network.

Rgds
Gautam

--
ALEXANDER BOLANTE
Alexander.Bolante () gmail com

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson