Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Building a Company Computer Use/Security Policy

From: ane tor <anetor () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:50:41 -0800

links that might be helpful:

http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/drafts.html
http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-18/Planguide.PDF
http://infosecuritymag.techtarget.com/articles/july00/columns1_heiser_on_traq.shtml

anetor

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:33:09 -0600, Samuel S. Kempf
<samk () rjpromotions com> wrote:
I've recently taken over the position of I.T. Director for a mid-sized
company that has no IT policy of any sort currently in place, aside from
a vague mention in the no compete agreement about not giving proprietary
data to other companies. One of my prime initiatives at the moment is to
implement such a policy, something I've never been responsible for
before. Can anyone point me to sites/articles on how to do this? Or,
better yet, does anyone know of such a policy available online that I
could use as a basis for my company? Any suggestions are most welcome.

Samuel S. Kempf