Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: port listner

From: Gene Cronk <gcronk () trsg net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:34:08 -0500

http://packetstormsecurity.nl/UNIX/netcat/nc11nt.zip

You could also use NetCat for Win32. Adds the bonus of being flexible and being able to listen on UDP ports.

--
Gene Cronk - ISSAP,CISSP,NSA-IAM (gcronk () trsg net)
The Robin Shepherd Group -- Systems Administrator

dave kleiman wrote:

Juan,

When you say listen on any port, you me any port you assign it?

If so then you answered your own question, that is based on the assumption
that your "server" has Telnet svcs running on it.

Just simply change the port to the one you want.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TelnetServer\1.0]
"TelnetPort"=dword:00000017

Since you already using telnet from your XP machine this requires no
additional software.

The same can be accomplished with VNC, PcAnywhere, etc.. etc...

Regards,

Dave Kleiman, CISSP, ISSMP, CISM, CIFI, MCSE

www.SecurityBreachResponse.com