Security Basics mailing list archives

Building a Company Computer Use/Security Policy

From: "Samuel S. Kempf" <samk () rjpromotions com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:33:09 -0600

I've recently taken over the position of I.T. Director for a mid-sized company that has no IT policy of any sort currently in place, aside from a vague mention in the no compete agreement about not giving proprietary data to other companies. One of my prime initiatives at the moment is to implement such a policy, something I've never been responsible for before. Can anyone point me to sites/articles on how to do this? Or, better yet, does anyone know of such a policy available online that I could use as a basis for my company? Any suggestions are most welcome.

Samuel S. Kempf