Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Programming

From: "Ernest Nelson" <juridian () juridian com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:13:38 -0800

I would suggest that you evaluate the different areas of software
development available to you and see what interests you.  Do you want to do
web applications?  Web services?  Database work?  Video games?

A bit of research into this will go a long way since it can narrow down the
languages you might use and keep you from wasting your time by going down
the wrong path.

My personal suggestions for beginner languages are C#, C++ or Java.  The
first and last have a decent learning curve, less opportunity to shoot
yourself in the foot, and built in support for multithreading and database
access.

All can be used on multiple platforms, all are in relatively high demand,
and all are well documented and easy to get training or help for.

If you need any more help feel free to shoot me a msg.