Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: University Degree or CISSP

From: "Christopher Carpenter" <ccarpenter () dswa net>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:49:11 -0700

Forgive me for disagreeing, but I find that most of the jobs in the
states require a BS or _equivalent work experience_.  I have a
completely unrelated degree (Psychology/East Asian Studies), but with
certifications and a progressive work history I've NEVER had trouble
getting a job.

That said, I agree that one is always better off with MORE
qualifications, because they can be left off the resume if one feels
overqualified, or retained if the job is at or above one's current skill
level.

Chris