Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Strange IP

From: Idol Crash <idolcrash () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 18:35:18 -0400

Thanks for all of the replies, here are a few points I'd like to add
so there is more information:
I am not running VoIP (to my knowledge, this is just a small home network)
I am somewhat experienced with linux, and will have to check out Knoppix STD
I'll also check out LANGuard.

Terminal: I found the IPs using Angry IP Scanner, I'm using Windows XP
(on all the home systems, I haven't had time to set up my boxes
reserved for Debian and FreeBSD) with 802.11g (which is having sad
reception throughout the place, I was trying to find a way to connect
to the AP to configure it and hopefully edit the firmware).

Also, on NMap, I do have it, however, unfortunately I can't seem to
get any output from it besides errors.