Security Basics mailing list archives

VPN between WinXP and OpenBSD (sometimes works and sometimes doesn't)

From: "Tomas" <s.tomas () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:33:08 +0300

Hi all,

I have this situation.
I've made a VPN station on OpenBSD box. Some clients connecting to it are
using Windows XP and some are using Windows server 2003. Connections between
Windows server 2003 and OpenBSD work fine, but connections between Windows
XP and OpenBSD sometimes work fine, but sometimes when bigger files are
being copied, on Windows XP pops out the error "the network resource is no
longer available", though ping is working perfectly (there are no any
time-outs) and I still can copy smaller files... I don't understand, what
could be a problem?

Earn your MS in Information Security ONLINE
Organizations worldwide are in need of highly qualified information security
professionals.  Norwich University is fulfilling this demand with its MS in
Information Security offered online.  Recognized by the NSA as an
academically excellent program, NU offers you the opportunity to earn your
degree without disrupting your home or work life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus_en