Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: free hIDS, or system assessment tools

From: "Fahad Al-Suwais" <suwaisfa () alrajhibank com sa>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 12:45:53 +0300

What I need is a system vulnerability scanner, and it have some policies
to compare the compliance with it.

For example, if this server is MS-SQL server, I would do vulnerability
scan for the OS, then for the SQL system.

If the server is a web server, I would check its compliance with  a
secured web server policy.

Currently I am using Internet Scanner from ISS, but I am looking for
free systems.

Regards,