Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: free hIDS, or system assessment tools

From: ka55ad <ka55ad () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:34:00 -0400

Try giving Eagle X a try
http://www.engagesecurity.com/products/eaglex/

To quote the site:

Snort IDS (www.snort.org) and IDScenter are the core of this distribution.

Apache server (www.apache.org), PHP (www.php.net), MySQL
(www.mysql.com) and ACID (www.cert.org/kb/acid)
are used to see latest alerts in a nice front-end, using http authentication.

Platform: Windows NT/2000/XP
Version: 2.1

Author: U. Kistler

Features:

    * Full working IDS with database backend and PHP data analyzer frontend
      o Snort IDS - powerfull intrusion detection system
      o Apache webserver HTTP server, running PHP
      o MySQL database - stable database server for storing Snort logs
      o IDScenter configuration and management software for Snort
    * IDScenter
      o control Snort easily using the wizards, e-mail notification
feature, etc.
      o Online updates of Snort ruleset
    * HTTP authentication
      o Protects the webserver from unauthenticated access
      o Basic authentication or Message Digest-5 Hash authentication possible
    * Snort IDS
      o Running in service mode
      o Preconfigured using Eagle X configuration tool to adapt to
your system environment
    * Easy installation

Computer Forensics Training at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes
are guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one
interaction with one of our expert instructors. Gain the in-demand skills of
a certified computer examiner, learn to recover trace data left behind by
fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. Discover the source of computer
crime and abuse so that it never happens again.

http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/computer_forensics_training.html