Security Basics mailing list archives

Learning WAN technologies

From: Bryce Embry <embryb () k12tn net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 07:23:44 -0500

Howdy,

I've recently become responsible for an enterprise that includes multiple buildings in different parts of a county. I am comfortable with LAN technologies and how the Internet works, but don't know much about private networks once the LAN has left the building.

Can you recommend good resources for learning the options I have for configuring a wide-area network to connect these multiple buildings? Right now I don't know enough to be able to intelligently sort through the various ideas floated by vendors and colleagues.

I'd love any white papers, book recommendations, mailing lists, journals, websites, etc.

Thanks,

Bryce

Computer Forensics Training at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes
are guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one
interaction with one of our expert instructors. Gain the in-demand skills of
a certified computer examiner, learn to recover trace data left behind by
fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. Discover the source of computer
crime and abuse so that it never happens again.

http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/computer_forensics_training.html