Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: centralized syslog

From: linux user <linuxteam () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:41:48 +0300

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:13:02 +0100, xyberpix <xyberpix () xyberpix com> wrote:
Hi Ant,

I had this problem a while ago as well, and not meaning to sound nasty
or anything, I found the answer to the problem in the syslog man page. I
would give you the answer, but I can't actually remember it right now,

the answer was to use the -h flag, that does mask the orginal logger,
i did mention that already, the other answers of using the syslog-ng
are helpfull, thanks all

Anst Ant.

Computer Forensics Training at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes
are guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one
interaction with one of our expert instructors. Gain the in-demand skills of
a certified computer examiner, learn to recover trace data left behind by
fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. Discover the source of computer
crime and abuse so that it never happens again.

http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/computer_forensics_training.html