Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: tool for generating MD5 hash of a file (MS)

From: Über GuidoZ <uberguidoz () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 14:38:59 -0400

My fav is simply named "MD5 Hash", found at: http://www.whitsoftdev.com/md5/

It's a piece of cake to use and is quite small (under 5k). They have
versions that will work on all flavors of Windows as well. You can
generate the MD5 with a right click on the file, drag and drop it to
the EXE, or run the EXE and navigate to the file. The resulting MD5
value is easily copied from a small window. See the website for more
details.

I've used a number of tools before, including a command line only
version I used to use religiously. (It would dump to a file:
"ORIGINAL_FILE_NAME.txt".) I switched over to the above mentioned
program around July of last year when they included the context-menu
option.

--
Peace. ~G