Security Basics mailing list archives

Re:Hard Drive data security

From: "Ghaith Nasrawi" <libero () aucegypt edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 22:02:07 +0000

obviously, you don't want to take out the HD and smash it because you
will loose your guarantee, so try to go through this
http://www.infoanarchy.org/wiki/wiki.pl?File_Wipe

and I suggest pgp tools to wipe your data. you can select the number
of rewrites with those tools. The more sensitive your data, the more
rewrites you should attempt.