Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: radius+ wireless

From: Gaspar de Elías <gaspar.delias () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:40:28 -0300

Thanks for your answers. I'll investigate in google.
But i'm still thinking on something: Suppose somebody cracks my WEP
key, and he clones his mac address and ip address; How could the
access point distingish one pc from another? i mean if my customer is
checking his mail, and the cracker is trying to download something,
and both are comunicating to port 80, how would the information find a
way to go to the right device?
I think that ethernet frames would be accepted by both, customer and
cracker (they have the same mac address). Then the frame become a
package, and it's accepted by both too (same ip address) at internet
or network layer. Finally is in the transport layer where it becomes a
segment. And here is where data is accepted or rejected depending on
the header's flags (ack,syn,seq).
I wanted to know if i'm right or not. What do you think?

thanks