Security Basics mailing list archives

Semi-Public Wireless Access Setu....

From: "Chad Thomsen" <chad.thomsen () bramespecialty com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 16:50:13 -0500

Hello all.  Our CEO owns a small Bed and Breakfast and wants me to setup
wireless for him in that facility.  The question is how would you recommend
setting it up so that anybody that comes in can use in a secure fashion?
How do airport and coffee houses and the like set theirs up?  I am pretty
sure the only thing on his little network will be a few home PCs of his own
which I will make sure run a personal firewall on them to keep those guests
who may become a bit "curious" out of his equipment.  Other then that I am
not really sure what to do.  Also since this is a very small business, cost
is crucial.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chad Thomsen, MCSE, CCNA
Network Administrator
Brame Specialty