Security Basics mailing list archives

Computer Security Training - Late Booking Deals Portal

From: "Andy Cuff" <lists () securitywizardry com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 20:33:02 -0000

I thought you might be interested in a new page I am in the process of
launching over the next week or so.  I've approached a raft of security
training vendors and asked if they would be interested in discounting their
offerings at the last moment. I don't know of anyone else doing this but if
I'm treading on anybody's toes please let me know.

Only UK vendors have thus far responded, but I'm hoping to extend it
globally, currently discounts are in the region of 25% but I'm hoping to
pressure the vendors into increasing this.

http://www.securitywizardry.com/C_lastmoment.htm

The more interest I can create, the more chance I have of pushing down their
prices further.  The courses so far include:

CISSP Fast track (5 days)
Pen Testing (5 days)
Hacking Insight (3 days)
Hacking Insight For Managers
VPN's Installation and Configuration
ActivCard Secure Remote Access Certification NetScreen - Advanced VPN
Implementation NetScreen - Management, Troubleshooting and Performance
Tuning Nokia Security Administrator for High Performance Network Security
Nokia Security Administrator II 4.8
Aladdin eSafe Gateway/Mail v4 Certification ISS Real Secure Desktop
Protector 7.x ISS Internet Scanner
VPN-1/FireWall-1 Management I NG with AI CheckPoint Provider-1

So there you have it, I'm hoping to develop the concept further over the
next month or so, with updates every Monday, but won't invest too much time
unless there is the interest. As usual for my site, it's vendor agnostic, so
I can't guarantee the courses are any good.

Thoughts?

   Regards
   -andy cuff
The Talisker Network Security Portal