Security Basics mailing list archives

Moderator Policy re: Out-of-office responses

From: Kelly Martin <kel () securityfocus com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 11:14:30 -0700 (MST)

Well, it's that time of the year again when people are starting to go on
vacation. Good for you! However, you don't need to tell me, and everyone
else on this list, about it.

This is a gentle reminder to PLEASE remove yourself from Security-Basics
when you go on vacation, or else set your automatic "out of office" reply
*properly*, so it does not respond to every post on the list. Today I
received a dozen out-of-office replies to my latest SecurityFocus article
announcement. Everyone who posts messages receives these OoOR's as well.

As there are about 13,000 people on this list, it is certainly a form of
spam to send your vacation message to everyone who posts here.

Therefore, if I receive an out-of-office response from you, you will be
removed from the list without warning. Deleted. Zapped. #mv user>null

Kind Regards,

Moderator.

--8<--cut here---8<---
Kelly Martin kel () securityfocus com http://www.SecurityFocus.com
SecurityFocus Infocus - content editor ph+001 (403) 261-5468

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html