Security Basics mailing list archives

re[2]: MD5

From: BoI base <postbase () mail ru>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 21:56:09 +0300

Hello ,

My friend Karl asked me to send reply to Matt Howard and mailing list:

MH> On Saturday 20 March 2004 7:04 am, BoI base wrote:

MH> I'm not exactly clear on your question... did you mean to use the word
MH> 'implementation' instead of 'realization'?
Quite so. I speak english not well, that's why i used 'realization'
instead of 'implementation'

MH> You can find Digest::MD5 on CPAN
MH> (http://www.cpan.org) Are you familiar with it?  As root, on your PC, run:
MH> perl -MCPAN -e shell
MH> It will ask some questions and select a mirror, then you can type
MH> install Digest::MD5
MH> to get what you're looking for.  After it's installed, you can run
MH> man Digest::MD5
MH> or
MH> perldoc Digest::MD5
But I received only 16,22 or 32-byte hashes. Why not 34-byte hashes?
And how can I use Digest::MD5 for it? Or maybe you can show me a
script on perl or c/c++ with its implementation.

MH> to see the documentation and usage examples.  If you have any Perl related
MH> questions, you can ask them at Perl Monks (http://www.perlmonks.org).
Thanks for link.

--
Best regards, EVulture [B.o.I]
 BoI                          mailto:postbase () mail ru

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html