Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Help Needed

From: "Aditya, ALD [Aditya Lalit Deshmukh]" <aditya.deshmukh () online gateway technolabs net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:32:17 +0530

Can somebody tell a the name of a tool that can be used to send
ICMP packet
of size > 64K on windows. i have to crash a machine using ping of death as
my first assignment in Pen-Testing class. i am unable to do this using the
biult in ping utilities in windows and linux. i could not find any tool on
the internet as well.

your best bet would be to use the cygwin pakage, it is a set of unix tools for windows, just find the source of the
ping tools in the nettools pakage, modify the source where it checks the size of the packet and compile it.

that way you should have a ping.exe that does exactly what you want : create bigger packets that 65K

-aditya

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html