Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Information Security Knowledge Overload - Swimming in a sea of whitepapers.

From: "Marcos E. Rodriguez" <mrodrigu () agape-tech com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 23:16:17 -0400

This may seem overly anal, but I recently ran into the same problem with all
of my ebooks, papes and all that jazz.

One day, I finally hunkered down and created a lot of topic folders and
renamed all of my docs in plain terms that I would understand.

Now as I sift through the directories, I have no problems digging into the
topic folders and finding the right docs at the right time.

Did it take me a while?  In my technical books alone, I was over 1 1/2 gigs
of info, so yeah :o)  It was worth the time though.  I made a CD library
structured the same way for when I'm on the road.  I just named the master
directory "Technical Library".

Maybe it's a hard way of doing it, but it worked for me and my frustration
is lifted.

Good luck partner, believe me, I felt your pain just last week :o)

Marcos

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html