Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Which Windows OS is Safest

From: "Alvin Packard" <appredator () hotmail com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 08:07:07 -0500

It's not specifically which is the safest OS, but how you go about securing the OS. With any M$ system, you need to secure the system by disabling unneeded services, AV protection, firewall, and most of all, user training. These will help make any OS secure.

Alvin Packard, CWNA
http://www.networksecuritytech.com

* Artturi Lehti? (artturil () yahoo co uk) wrote:
> I would like to know what is regarded as the safest Windows OS as I need to > set up a few new computers for system administrators to use and I would like
> to use a Windows OS as the system administrators who will be using the
> computers have only experience with Windows. I know that the wisest thing to > do wouold be to teach them how to use another OS like OpenBSD but it isn't
> possible.
>
>  Thanks.
>
>  Artturi Lehtiö
>  artturi.lehtio () vidafalt com

MSN 9 Dial-up Internet Access fights spam and pop-ups – now 3 months FREE! http://join.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization. Visit us at: http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html