Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: antivirus for linux

From: Derek Schaible <dschaible () cssiinc com>
Date: 18 Jun 2004 06:09:57 -0400

On Thu, 2004-06-17 at 03:29, Iain Thomson wrote:
Network Associates has a Linux server AV package and Symantec are bringing
one out 'this year'. Don't know what's out there for personal users.

Iain

I've had some great results with Kaspersky Lab's product at:

http://www.kaspersky.com

Also, Computer Associates makes a firewall/gateway scanner as part of
their "etrust" line. I couldn't find a link but I recently received a
pack of software from them to test and it included a "Gateway Antivirus
Server" of some sort to run on you Linux Firewall/Proxy server. I didn't
test it so I can't comment on its functionality but I think it's
intended to scan smtp traffic and Squid connections among others.

HTH

--
Derek Schaible <dschaible () cssiinc com>
CSSI, Inc.