Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: antivirus for linux

From: Joerg Over Dexia <over () dexia de>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 11:27:19 +0200

Am 15:40 18.06.2004 -0500 teilte Larry Mitchell mir folgendes
mit:
->does anyone know of a bootable LiveCD with ntfs read
capabilities that runs
->fprot???  there are tons that use clamav but not any that use
f-prot that i
->see.

There was a live cd in a german magazine once, was a knoppix
derivate and contained f-prot. You might find an image somewhere,
the name was Knoppicillin.

btw - I was rather disappointed by f-prot for Linux, since it
didn't scan the bootsectors of my disks (and I haven't the
slightest clue why). So I made myself a bootable windows CD with
F-prot for DOS on it, since I didn't want to miss it.

regards, jo

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html